The Jets were back to work this morning after a day off yesterday. Here are some thoughts and observations from this morning’s practice:
- SHELDON RICHARDSON JOINS “TOUR DE FRANCE”: Remember Westhoff’s analogy with the guys on the bike? Well, Sheldon Richardson joined that group today. There was no word as of the posting of this article as to the reason, hopefully it is a “pitch count”, not an injury.
- DEE MILLINER TAKES THE FIELD: Milliner took the field today, in a limited basis, which is to be expected after being away for so long. He was out there early, actually spent some time with Cro, before heading to the bike for the rest of practice.
- CHRIS IVORY LIMITED: A situation to watch, Ivory was still limited today in practice. Here’s hoping that he will be on the field in full soon.
- BILLY CUNDIFF IS STILL COMPETING: A while back, it was reported that Billy Cundiff had been released, giving the kicking job to incumbent Nick Folk. Apparently, that was incorrect as Cundiff is still around giving Folk some competition. Folk made all of his kicks today, while Cundiff missed one.
- MIXED REVIEWS ON THE QUARTERBACKS: As usual, I am not going to go into the numbers, but the onlookers had mixed things to say. Some said Geno looked bad, some say he looked good, and the same with Mark Sanchez. I guess the biggest thing to glean is that nobody is taking a strong lead.
- GOOD DAY FOR THE DEFENSIVE LINE: The group that has the potential to be elite had a good day today. Kenrick Ellis knocked down a Sanchez pass, nearly picking it off. Mo Wilkerson nearly got to another Sanchez pass. It was an active day for that group.
With the Green and White game on Saturday, and the first preseason game on the 9th, the team will be back to work tomorrow.