The Texans have topped the Bengals 19-13, and will head to New England to take on the Patriots next week. Here are some quick thoughts:
- Arian Foster is truly a beast. 140 yards on 32 carries is just a wonderful football game for a running back.
- Excellent job by the defense of the Texans, holding the Bengals to 0-9 on third down, and only 198 net yards. They will have a tough test next week heading up to New England.
- The Bengals were in this game right up to the end. They could never get much rhythm going on offense, and when they did, they settled for field goals. The best chance they had was early in the third quarter, after Dalton hooked up with AJ Green for 45 yards. However, the drive stalled and ended with 3 points, and they couldn’t get any closer. Late in the game, the Bengals couldn’t get a late stop to give the offense a chance, and that was it.
- Andy Dalton will get better, but is not ready to make a big run in the postseason yet. He was very inaccurate, going 14-30 for 127 yards and 1 INT, and was a big reason that there wasn’t much going on with the offense for the Bengals.
- Congratulations to Matt Schaub for finally achieving that playoff win he has been waiting for, and he played quite well in the process, going 29-38 for 262 yards.