– 1st and 10 at MIA 49, the Dolphins come out in a bunch formation with 3 WR set and Bush and Lane as the 2 backs in the backfield. Tannenhill allows the Rams aggressive defense to get a great pursuit on him and dumps the pass off to Lane for a gain of 7 yards. A smart play by Tannenhill and a great run by Lane for the big gain on 1st down.
– 2nd and 3 at STL 44, Dolphins are set up in an I formation with Bush as the single back and a 2 WR set. Tannenhill motions to Hartline who comes from the left and motions to the right bringing his defensive assignment with him. The Rams at this point are consistently playing a cover 2 defense but on this play they are looking to bring the blitz and they follow through with their pre-snap threat. Fasano quickly finds the hole/hot read right in the middle of the field where Tannenhill finds him and completes it to him for a quick 8 yards. A good quick read by Tannenhill and a good recognition on the part of Fasano.
– 1st and 10 at STL 36, Dolphins back on in an I formation with Bush as the single back and again in a 3 WR set. Tannenhill seems to audible and hands off to Bush who runs to the left for 1 yard. Not sure what the audible was for but the Rams weren’t fooled and they seemed to play mind games with Tannenhill on that play and Tannenhill took the bait.
– 2nd and 9 at STL 35, Dolphins come out in a 3 WR Shotgun formation with Bush and Lane in the backfield to complete the 2 back backfield. Tannenhill brings Bess in motion and gets RB Lane running quickly up the seam and hits him for a 5 yard gain.
– 3rd and 4 at STL 30, Shotgun formation…….defensive pass interference on Brian Hartline who was interfered with by B Fletcher. Questionable call but it could’ve gone either way to be honest.