Here are some thoughts and observations from Jets practice, the final open session from Florham Park, NJ:
- We might finally see the first team offense as a whole on Sunday night. Jeremy Kerley practiced again today, including catching a TD pass from Mark Sanchez. Coach Ryan has said he is a game time decision. Santonio Holmes also took part in many of the reps today. He said yesterday that he feels pretty confident about being able to play on Sunday night. We will update you as more information becomes available on either of them for Sunday night.
- Unfortunately, workhorse defensiv lineman Mike DeVito left the field with trainers after coming off the field slowly. Apparently, he left under his own power, so we hope it isn’t serious, as all our bodies on the defensive line are needed ones.
- In an interesting twist, the Jets spent some time working on the Hail Mary pass today. It’s not often you hear about it being practiced, are they working on some special play with it? You never can tell.
- After saying that they don’t game plan for preseason games, it appeared that over the last couple of days, the Jets were practicing game plans for Sunday night. Tim Tebow was running the scout team, working as a left-handed Cam Newton. I like that they are game planning, maybe we will see an offensive gameplan that looks like it is worth something on Sunday night.
- Yeremiah Bell was a new member to the group that wasn’t practicing, however he said that he was just sore, and will play on Sunday night. Thank goodness for that.
As always, thanks for reading.