Today was the Jets second to last practice at Cortland. Here are some thoughts and observations:
- Sione Pouha was back at practice today, but not taking part. They need to get him back soon, as we know he is an integral part of that Jets defensive line.
- One guy proving himself to be a gamer is Stephen Hill. After leaving practice yesterday not being able to bend his finger and needing heaving wrapping, he was back on the field today.
- Antonio Cromartie was back again taking reps at WR. I have a hunch that we will see this unveiled on Saturday night. There are a lot of mixed feelings about this, but I think it is worth a shot. Cromartie is a talented athlete, and could do well. I think we will soon find out.
- One guy clearly not ready to come back is Santonio Holmes, as he was inside with trainers getting treatment. Hopefully, as Rex Ryan stated, Holmes will be ready for week one against Buffalo.
- Looks like the defense will be wearing the black jerseys, as they created turnovers all over the place. Between Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow, they created 5 INTs, which is a huge day for the defense. Don’t put too much in the numbers of the two quarterbacks, but it’s exciting to see the defense creating turnovers.
- Josh Bush had an INT with the first team, sitting in for LaRon Landry. A lot is expected out of the safeties, so this is a good sign.
One more practice, and then the Jets break camp.