Here are some thoughts and observations from today’s Jets practice:
- Chad Pennington was at Jets camp today, at Mike Tannenbaum’s request, to work with the quarterbacks. This is better than a good idea, it’s a wonderful idea. Chad would be a great choice to keep around full time to work with Mark and Tim for a lot of reasons.
- Not going into a lot of stats, but Mark Sanchez had a great day today, showing for all to see that Mark is the starter, not that the mainstream media wants to talk about that. At one point, it was mentioned that Mark was 5-6 with 3 TDs in 7 on 7 drills. Pretty accurate passing I would say.
- No one is breaking away from the pack in the kicking competition. Nick Folk and Josh Brown were both accurate again today, going 4-4. This could coe down to how they perform on kickoffs.
- Nice to see Jordan White getting recognized for making plays. He had a long connection with Mark Sanchez down the sidelines. We have said it before, anyone that had that many catches, I don’t care if it was in the Pee-Wees, is a good ball player and can make his mark.
- More potential trouble on the injury front. Stephen Hill was limping, and had a problem with his finger. It could be broken. With Santonio Holmes out, and Jeremy Kerley likely out for Saturday’ game, the Jets are already thin at WR, they don’t need this.
- Antonio Cromartie scored a TD as a wide receiver today. We may need him if the injury situation gets any worse, so I guess he needs to keep working.
That’s it for the observations of the day. Have a good day Jets fans.