Today was a big day out in Cortland, as we will discuss in just a minute. There aren’t a lot of observations today, as there are restrictions on what the media can report during a closed practice. That being said, here are some thoughts:
- Today was Wildcat day. It is no surprise that the Jets starting working on the Tim Tebow packages during a closed practice. You don’t want too much to be getting out there about this during the preseason. I am sure Tim Tebow looked right at home. No comments are being made by the quarterbacks, as expected.
- Antonio Cromartie took reps at wide receiver, and got tips from Santonio Holmes. I guess when you are the “second best wide receiver on the team”, you need to get your reps in and learn from the best. In all seriousness, no surprise that he is working on reps that the team said will occur during the season. No word on how he looked.
- Wayne Hunter and Austin Howard split reps again today, giving us more evidence that the competition is on. I think we know who we are all pulling for.
- Jeremy Kerley practiced for the second day in a row, which is an excellent sign coming off of a slight hamstring tear.
- I am not going to bother with stats, but both Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow were sharp today. At one point, it was reported that they completed 14 straight passes. No surprise on the development, as the offense usually takes longer than the defense, but this is a great sign.
- No real leader in the kicking competition, as both kickers went 4-4 today.
That’s it from today’s workout. Have a great rest of your day Jets fans.
Tags: Alan Schechter Antonio Cromartie Austin Howard Featured Jeremy Kerley Jets Practice Wildcat Jets Training Camp Mark Sanchez NY Jets Popular Santonio Holmes Tim Tebow Tim Tebow Wildcat Wayne Hunter