Today was the final practice before the preseason finally begins on Friday night for the Jets. Here are today’s thoughts and observations:
- No fights today. There, had to say it and get it out of the way.
- I love the way Mark Sanchez is taking a leadership role on this team. Aaron Maybin hit Matt Simms, and Sanchez took exception. Yes it was to protect a fellow quarterback, but taking control of what is going on is what a leader does.
- That being said, we can all hope beyond hope that Aaron Maybin’s play continues into actual games. He had another sack today, and I don’t think a practice has gone by without him recording at least one. If this continues it could be just what we need.
- It was nice to see Austin Howard out with the first team at right tackle, even if it was due to a Wayne Hunter injury. We all hope that this is how the team looks week 1, despite the coaching staff’s love for Wayne Hunter.
- Despite the numbers being even, the word is that Mark Sanchez looked impressive today. He threw one interception, but otherwise looked quite good. Everyone says that he looks different, so I can’t wait to see him in a real game finally.