We are just a few hours away from Curtis Martin’s induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Here is a list of some of his best moments with the New York Jets, in no particular order:
- After two mediocre performances to begin his first season with the Jets (1998), Curtis rushed for 144 yards in week three against the Indianapolis Colts, his first of four straight 100 yard performances.
- Against the Jacksonville Jaguars in the divisional round of the playoffs, Curtis ran the ball 36 times for 124 yards and 2 TDs, helping to lead the Jets to their first playoff win since 1986.
- Curtis took a 60 yard run to the house in 1998 against the Carolina Panthers. I just liked that one, so I included it.
- In week 10 of the 1999 season, Curtis led the Jets to a win up in Foxboro, 24-17, after rushing 31 times for 149 yards and a 36 yard TD. Any time we beat that team it’s a great moment.
- In week 15 of 2003, Curtis had a huge game against the Pittsburgh Steelers, rushing the ball 30 times for 174 yards, helping the Jets to a 6-0 win.
- In the final game of 2004, Martin cemented his spot in NFL history, becoming the oldest running back to win the rushing title, rushing the rock 28 times for 153 yards, to finish the year with 1,697 yards. He won the title by a mere one yard over Shaun Alexander.
Tags: Alan Schechter Curtis Martin Curtis Martin Hall Of Fame Featured Great Curtis Martin Moments Indianapolis Colts Martin Rushing Title New England Patriots NY Jets Popular Rushing Title Shaun Alexander