It was goaline work today for the Jets at SUNY Cortland. Let’s go through some thoughts and observations based on the reporters from the ladies and gentlemen covering it all for us:
- The offense clearly won the day. Mark Sanchez was taking his offensive mates jersey sizes for black jerseys, which are given to the side of the football that wins the day. Clearly, that was the offense. Good sign.
- The Jets revealed their Wildcat package for the first time today, and Tim Tebow looked good. Don’t adjust your screen, I said it. He scored through the air and with his legs. Tim is starting a good relationship with Josh Baker, which bodes well for Josh making the team as well.
- Nobody expected the continued great play from Bilal Powell, but it as continued. So much so, that he is getting reps with the first team. Good for him, and for the Jets.
- The defense is still flying over the field, led by Aaron Maybin. He added two sacks today, one each on Sanchez and Tebow. Aaron is well on his way to earning more playing time, which will only mean good things for the New York Jets.
- Don’t overemphasize the QB’s individual stats. Nobody should jump on the Tim Tebow for starter bandwagon. Not because I am biased, but you have to think. Remember, Mark Sanchez is going up against a top 5 defense, while Tebow is going up against second string. Take the numbers as interesting, but with a grain of salt.