Some observations from today’s open workout at Jets OTAs, courtesy of the various beat reporters on the scene:
- Santonio Holmes is back, and looking sharp, cutting hard, and coaching up his teammates.
- Caleb Schlauderaff is taking snaps at center with the second team offense, could be backup to Nick Mangold.
- A lot of 46 defense being used (as we expected) with a great deal of Quinton Coples used out wide, down and standing up.
- Mark Sanchez has been picked off a couple of times, once by Kyle Wilson, and another by Yeremiah Bell.
- Tim Tebow has been flushed from the pocket a lot during his time under center, and he has been taking off and running well.
- Royce Pollard has been returning punts with the first team.
- Demario Davis has been used throughout the defensive formation as well.
- Stephen Hill has not participated in team drills, conditioning on the side. Matt Slauson is still rehabbing as well, Vladimir Ducasse has been taking his place.
- Nick Folk and Josh Brown were both perfect on field goals
- Tebow again used as the personal punt protector.
- Late update, Santonio Holmes may have injured himself, tossed his helmet and was seen with trainer. Will have more as it comes out from camp.
All in all, it appears that the offense was far behind the defense today, Mark Sanchez was only 4-14 passing, and Tebow was 1-3. The defense was all over the field, and Bart Scott appeared to many like his old, vibrant self. The offense sputtered quite a bit.
Will keep you informed if there is a problem with Santonio Holmes. Glad to see our guy Demario Davis looked good as well.
Thanks to all the reporters on scene for the great updates from camp.
Topics: Alan Schechter, Bart Scott, Demario Davis, Jets Defense, Jets Offense, Jets Otas, Josh Brown, Kyle Wilson, Mark Sanchez, Matt Slauson, Nick Folk, NY Jets, Royce Pollard, Santonio Holmes, Stephen Hill, Tebowmania, Tim Tebow, Vladimir Ducasse, Yeremiah Bell