The Jets played a strong game today, beating up on the Kansas City Chiefs 37-10. Here are some quick hits to take from this afternoon.
- The influence of Tom Moore is clearly showing in the Jets offense. The plays were creative. The offense looked balanced. And they were 5 for in the red zone, with 5 TDs.
- Shonn Greene had a wonderful game today, rushing for 129 yards and 1 TD, and adding 58 yards through the air.
- Mark Sanchez was efficient with the football, going 13-21 through the air with 2 TDs, and adding 2 TDs on the ground.
- Santonio Holmes, although not a big factor, caught a TD pass from Mark Sanchez for the third straight week.
- Ground and Pound football was on display with 159 net yards on the ground, a 4.8 average per carry.
- The defense sacked Tyler Palko 3 times and was in his face all day today.
- One scare was Mark Sanchez being driven to the turf on his right shoulder while being sacked. He was checked out on the sideline, but didn’t miss a snap.
- Tough break for Jim Leonhard. He will have an MRI on Monday to confirm, but if the reports are true that he is finished for the season, this is a big blow to the Jets’ defense.
All in all, the best game the Jets have played all year, in all phases of the game. They have won 3 in a row, and they are getting hot at the right time. Hopefully they can keep it up, as they move up in the playoff race today thanks to some key losses. More on the playoff scenarios to come. Great win by the Jets today.