They sure don’t make it easy, do they?
One week after allowing Tim Tebow and the Denver Broncos to march down the field to win the game, the New York Jets almost decided to allow Ryan Fitzpatrick and the Buffalo Bills to do the same.
In the end, the Jets pulled out a victory, helped by a career high 4 TDs from quarterback Mark Sanchez, 28-24. It wasn’t pretty, but it’s a win.
With the win, the Jets are 6-5 and hanging on the outside of the playoff bubble. With the loss, the 5-6 Bills are done.
Here are our quick hits:
1. The Jets defense was given a workout today. 36 minutes of possession for the Buffalo offense.
2. 250 Passing yards given up by the Jets defense.
3. Darrelle Revis had his hands full today with Stevie Johnson who missed a couple of passes in the final drive that could have won the game for the Bills. Johnson, who provided the humor on the day with his impersonation of Plaxico Burress shooting himself, had 8 catches for 75 yards.
4. Four Tds from Sanchez, but, another terrible interception. 17-35, 180 yards on a rough day by #6.
5. First 4 TD passing game by a Jet since Brett Favre in Sept. 2008.
6. Plaxico Burress is really good this season for the Jets. His 7th TD catch and a key completion on the game winning drive. The other TDs were from Santonio Holmes and 2 from Dustin Keller.
7. Jets running game had some success today but Shonn Greene (17 carries, 78 yards) looks like he’s hurt after every run.
8. It’s Washington next week as the Jets visit the Redskins.