This Sunday, the New York Jets play host to the 4-1 San Diego Chargers.
Let’s check out the Chargers this season:
1. With their only loss coming to the New England Patriots, the Chargers have wins against the Vikings, Chiefs, Dolphins and Broncos. Nothing special and all were close scoring games.
2. They are coming off a BYE week so there has been extra preparation for the Jets.
3. Chargers QB Philip Rivers, with a 67.2 % completion percentage, has 6 TDs to go along with 7 INTs this season. Not a great start for Rivers.
4. RB Ryan Mathews leads the team with 413 rushing yards (good for 10th in the NFL) while Vincent Jackson leads the team in receiving yards with 408.
5. Welcome back, LaDainian Tomlinson and Antonio Cromartie… sort of. The two Jets will be facing their former team for the first time. LT left on bad terms so you know he’ll be ready for this game.
6. Antonio Gates will be a game time decision. Out the past three weeks due to plantar fasciitis in his right foot, Gates returned to practice Monday and is hoping to play. We aren’t sure how effective he will be but get ready Eric Smith.
7. The Chargers are sixth in passing offense (293.4 yards), ninth in rushing offense (122.8), second in passing defense (179.6) and 17th in rushing defense (113.6).