The New York Jets needed a win in the worst way.
Coming off three straight road losses, it was time to bring some joy to New Jersey. The Miami Dolphins were just the present for the occasion and drop to 0-5 on the season.
With a 24-6 victory, the Jets are now 3-3 and trying to right the ship that looked like it was heading out to sea.
A dreadful first half in which Darrelle Revis provided the only highlight with a 100 yard INT for a TD, was forgotten in the second half as the Jets took over the game.
A David Harris sack on Matt Moore was all the buzz in the fourth quarter as Harris looked like he buried Moore into the MetLife Turf. (Insert Jimmy Hoffa joke here).
Here are our quick hits:
1. Another tale of two halfs for QB Mark Sanchez. Lost in the first (until the final drive of the half) and good in the second half. Same old story for San-Chise who threw a TD to Santonio Holmes and ran one in while throwing for over 200 yards.
2. Two interceptions for Revis (17 for career), who actually saw some nice competition from Brandon Marshall who gained over 100 yards with coverage from Revis and Antonio Cromartie. Easily the most throws towards Revis all season. Not sure if that was a smart thing for the Dolphins to do.
3. Jets defense, while ordinary, still kept Miami out of the endzone and kept the Jets offense in the game.
4. Did Shonn Greene stiff-arm referee Fred Ryan better than he has against any opponent this season?
5. Ugly game for the Jets. Not terribly encouraging considering the Dolphins looked like they have given up on the season already.
6. Tony Sparano has to go. The Dolphins need a new direction or else they could be 0-16 this year.
7. Plaxico Burress did not look ready to play tonight.
8. Kenrick Ellis did. The rookie had a solid first game with 3 tackles, including 2 for losses.
9. How many fumbles did the Jets cause tonight? Of course they practically all rolled out of bounds but the Dolphins need to learn how to hold onto the ball.