With the New York Jets coming off three consecutive road games (all losses) and with a 2-3 record, one would think the schedule would be a little forgiving for the team.
It doesn’t look that way. With the emergence of the Buffalo Bills, the Jets suddenly face the real possibility of a 6-5 finish and an 8-8 season; a major failure for a team that has gone to two straight AFC Championship Games with a aging team and a QB who, in his third season, was supposed to enter the discussion as the game’s top QB.
Here’s the remaining schedule:
- Always a tough game against the Dolphins, but there is no excuse for losing this one.
- A tough Chargers team comes to town with a banged up offense.
- The surprise of the East, the Bills are off to a 4-1 start.
- Never fun.
- A quick Thursday night game after New England in Mile High is not a good thing.
- We’ll know at this point if the Bills are for real or not. The Bills have the Giants, Redskins, Jets, Cowboys, Dolphins before this one.
- The Redskins defense is looking like the Jets defense of the past two years. Not a good thing for Mark Sanchez.
- A breather. Finally. Kansas City is a lost team right now.
- Will he or won’t he be healthy? That is the Michael Vick question. A December game in Philly will not be easy.
- Jets-Giants, Christmas Eve. What a great game. What a tough game for two teams that could be fighting for a Wild Card.
- Nothing like New Years in Miami in front of a New York-Heavy crowd.