This one started ugly.
First it was the bad throws by New York Jets QB Mark Sanchez; Then it was the bad penalties, including a false start by Matt Mulligan; and finally,
The dropped catch by John Conner.
This was had the makings of a failure. The ending wasn’t as bad. Turns out, the New England Patriots running game defeated the Jets 30-21.
Here’s our quick thoughts:
- Santonio Holmes made an appearance with 4 catches for 60 yards and a nice 21 yard TD catch.
- Welcome back, Shonn Greene. The RB had a solid game with authoritative running and 83 yards.
- Where did Joe McKnight come from? His kick returning has been fantastic, with a nice 88 yard return today.
- Sanchez is pretty bad this season unless he’s in a hurry-up. You can’t deny that this season has been a failure so far. 16-26 for 166 yards with 2 TDs today.
- Again, no long ball from offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer. What gives?
- Two drops by Plaxico Burress in a 3 catch for 42 yard day.
- 1 Catch for 7 yards by Dustin Keller. That can’t happen.
- Jets Punter Conley was just awful. Looked nervous.
- The Jets defense looked pretty vulnerable to the run today. Couldn’t stop the Pats when it counted. 27 carries for 136 yards for Green-Ellis.
The Jets now stand at 2-3, having lost three straight games (all on the road). It’s now Monday Night against the Miami Dolphins who, at 0-4, are ready for a victory.