Sometimes, it’s the Defense.
Sometimes, it’s the Offense.
Last Night, it was the kicker. Thank goodness for the kicker.
Unable to break through into the endzone for most of the game, the Jets relied on kicker Nick Folk to provide the teams first 15 points (5 FGs) in its 29-20 victory over Brett Favre and the Minnesota Vikings.
In a game dampened by thunderstorms and constant rain, the 4-1 Jets will take this Win and leave town for Denver with the best record in the NFL.
Let’s breakdown the game:
- Brett Favre looked really really old last night. And then he didn’t. And finally, he did. What a rough season this will be for the 41 year old, Favre. He can make some great passes, but his age and worn out arm showed last night as he missed a key pass to Harvin in the final two minutes that could have won the game for Minny. Classic Favre on his INT that was returned by Dwight Lowery for a TD to ice the game.
- 3 Stars to Antonio Cromartie. Great game against Randy Moss. Is it me or is Cromartie looking like the Jets top CB? Speaking of which…
- Darrelle Revis either needs to sit for an extended period of time or step it up. Terrible game by Revis against Percy Harvin. We will chalk this one up to his hammy. Revis did not look comfortable out there.
- Jets defense, overall, was extremely effective. Pressured Favre all night and held Adrian Peterson in check. Great game by David Harris at the crew.
- Tough night for the Jets passing game. Constantly dropped balls (Edwards, Keller, Holmes). Give the WRs a pass here. With the rain, you can expect drops. But it has to change for next week in Denver.
- What more can you say about LaDainian Tomlinson? The guy can flat out play. Another powerful game for LT.
- Nick Folk. Aside from the opening kickoff which went out of bounds, you were fantastic. Keep it up.
- Santonio Holmes gets a C grade for his Jets opener. Holmes, who served a four-game drug suspension, played about 30 snaps. He finished with three catches for 41 yards, but hurt the team with a costly holding penalty and a third-down drop.
- Clock management at the 2 minute warning almost lost this game for the Jets. The team needs to know when to run and when to milk the clock to get to the warning.
- Man, did Vernon Gholston get burned by Favre and his fake-throw. Attack the QB, son.
- Nice job by Calvin Pace. 1.5 sacks and a nice game all around.
- Brad Smith with another great kick return. (86 yard return). Too bad the Jets couldn’t get 7 for him.
- Another sack for Jason Taylor.